Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Heading to Texas (6/8/14)

Today, we were up and ready to start moving by 6 AM. I went down and decided that I needed some fresh coffee and wasn’t ready to tackle Dom’s coffee maker. I filled my water bottle with water, and then headed out to the camper to prepare a thermos of coffee! It’s always nice to travel with an extra kitchen! When I got back inside with my coffee, Joyce & Dom were up so we all had a leisurely breakfast together. Some more catching up, and then time to hit the road. This turned out to be our longest drive with the trailer – 377 miles. We’re not anxious to see Kelly, Chuck and the boys, are we? We decided to camp at a “city” campground that I found on one of my apps. We were a little nervous as we didn’t hit the campground until 4 PM. We suspected we would be alright since it was a Sunday and most “weekend” campers would be gone. Well, we drove in and took the best site (of 25) with no other campers! Retirement traveling definitely has its advantages! We set up quickly as the pad was perfectly level. Then, we decided that we needed to begin emptying the fridge, so I had a couple beers and Barbara finished a bottle of wine. We heated up leftover chili in the microwave and then explored the campground. We did find one other camper in a tent and also found the “bath house.” We were glad to have our own as this one was really in poor shape! We’ll spend the evening reading and playing cards and then be in bed early so we can be up at the crack of dawn and driving to Kelly’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment