Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 3 - AM Electronic Aids, PM Snow!

On day 3, we drove from Eau Claire, WI to Bismarck, ND. We got up to cool and rain and the weather did not get better. As we drove in the morning, I realized how much we can do while on the road. Barbara was driving and the rain kept coming down - thus not much scenery. So, I'm on Facebook finding out that my niece in Japan is having a boy, my niece in NC is completing a kitchen remodel and my grand sons in Texas are in shorts digging in the sand. With a couple hours til lunch I opened up Trip Adviser and found us a great place to have lunch in Fargo, ND. Another great find that I wouldn't have had a chance of finding without the assistance of the various electronics we're carrying! In the afternoon, we had about 200 miles to drive from Fargo to Bismarck, ND. We weren't expecting heavy snow on the 28th of April, but..... Definitely a challenging drive! Luckily, we arrived safe and sound and glad that we didn't have to deal with the deadly tornadoes that the south is having today. To unwind, I went down to the pool and soaked in the whirlpool
tub - two evenings in a row, I'm enjoying this retirement thing!!! Then, we walked next door to a supermarket to pick up a beer, but, I guess that North Dakota doesn't sell beer in supermarkets! Tonight, Barbara and I will resume learning how to play Cribbage, a game that we used to play before we got married 39 years ago. Hopefully, tomorrow won't see a lot of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment