Monday, May 12, 2014

THE BEST MOTHER’S DAY EVER

I am giving Kevin a break and doing the blog this evening.  I hope all you Mother’s keeping track of our blog had a wonderful day. Mine was awesome. Before we left Champoeg State Park we decided to walk a bit. This park has wonderful paved paths that wander through meadows and along the Willamette River. We found the remnants of the original town of Champoeg from the 1840s. Very interesting history there.  Afterward we headed back to hook up the trailer and we headed to the coast. Walking on the beach at the Pacific Ocean has been on my bucket list for a long time. Well, today I made it. We drove to the South Beach State Park, got a campsite, set everything up and put on our walking shoes. The ocean is beautiful. It was quite windy, but the walk was exhilarating.  We watched some wind surfers and kite surfers fight the wind and waves and just totally enjoyed the experience.  And that, my friends, is what made my Mother’s day so awesome. Tomorrow we are heading south on the coast road again to look for the next beach. Stay tuned for more adventures…

No comments:

Post a Comment